Show us your VANDERSTEENS

1 hour ago, John Gallup said:

Did the granite produce an noticeable improvement in sound quality? Asking for a friend....

Under my Treo's, there was a noticeable tightening, mostly in the bass, but also across all frequencies.

B

• Like 2

the granite makes a nice difference in the ways Bob mentioned (in my system).  It’s subtle, but noticeable.  I really noticed the mids sounded better, but it’s not like it moves the sound stage or anything like that.  The Vanderfeet were a must though.  Without them, i didn’t love the sound as much.  As others have stated, Richard’s feet don’t slide on the granite and it makes the proper contact.  They are inexpensive too.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomicTime said:

Sweet ! …my $&#@%%%%% hurts just looking… at those…. chairs

Jim, it's better than having super comfy chairs since folks don't leave and sit around shooting the breeze while the music is still going on..

• Like 4

Brad, I assume those are HRS equipment stands. What models Arte they? 

It appears that the components sit on a platform that is not "connected" to the frame, but rather rests on it. Are you using Nimbus couplers between the platform and frame?

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 10:11 AM, Z B said:

Walnut 😊

Good choice...probably the most beautiful American hardwood. My Quatros (and the Treos before them) are cherry, which I also love, but it's photo-reactive and gets darker when the sun hits it. Consequently I have to keep the curtains in my listening room drawn for a portion of the day.

• Like 3

Yes, SXR stands from HRS. There is a crossmember in the center of each “shelf” that connects the left and right columns but the feet on the platforms only make contact with the cups built into the “shelves”.  You can use any of the standard platforms but the rack is built specific for either the 19x21 or 17x19 platforms. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1