What are you using and which speakers?

Nimbus Couplers are black aluminum hardened w air load chamber and two proprietary elastomer discs. I use three on the 50# MC240 and four on the 62# RM-9. HRS make integral spring feet also. There are of course other reputable brands grounded in engineering and listening…

34F68F30-5F73-47FB-B311-371499C178D2.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Steve - HRS recommends direct contact w chassis NOT the feet. They do come in different aluminum thickness to accomplish your goal. As you can see from my photo I am a terrible duster..

Bob - I understand, i try to present a range of solutions to problems. I get tired of  the to my ears anyways incessant …on Audiogon… Townshend this, that…

26 minutes ago, TomicTime said:

Hi Steve - HRS recommends direct contact w chassis NOT the feet. They do come in different aluminum thickness to accomplish your goal. As you can see from my photo I am a terrible duster..

The house boss asked for a battery powered leaf blower for V-Day.
She got a Metabo, and likes it…Mostly for outside, when I am on the Stihl, but it is handy for garage and blowing behind sofas.
She wanted a Makita, but I told her we already had batteries for the Metabo.

I have no idea if it would work for you, but it is an idea, that could save some knee work genuflecting in front of the audio alter?

15 hours ago, Holmz said:

The house boss asked for a battery powered leaf blower for V-Day.
She got a Metabo, and likes it…Mostly for outside, when I am on the Stihl, but it is handy for garage and blowing behind sofas.
She wanted a Makita, but I told her we already had batteries for the Metabo.

I have no idea if it would work for you, but it is an idea, that could save some knee work genuflecting in front of the audio alter?

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-mph-cordless-200-mph-compact-workshop-blower-tool-only-56416.html works for me. 😀

• Like 1

I'd be a bit more cautious about using a blower. Dust has a way of getting into places it shouldn't. 

For me, a Swiffer is godsend.

@TomicTime,

I agree that a certain member on Audiogon touts Townshend, ad infinitum, but I have to say I find their products work.-

At least, for me.

Does anyone have a source/dealer for HRS that they could recommend?

B

To be honest Jim, I was using Vibrapod cones before, but had to sit on some tile. I really wanted to clean all that up, and the Nobsound ‘springs’ seem to get many accolades, even by another Brian we know.

There may be slight increase in SQ over the cones, but nothing earth shattering.

I remember installing the Vibrapod cones under my amp when I first got them, and yes, a pretty big difference vs the stock feet.

Edited by bkeske

Jim, I love the slab you had made for your amps. I know some carpenters, one in particular, that could produce something similar….was just never sure it was necessary with a solid state amp vs tubes to be honest. The cones/springs do help a lot though, albeit as I say, both are very similar to my ears. The Nobsound do clean up my set-up though.

late to this party, but hey guys.  I'm back.  I own Quatro's (getting back to the OP).  I ran the Ayre AX5/20 with the QX5/20 for a few years.  I upgraded to the M5 amps and they are in a different league.  I LOVE the 30k AR mono's.  I've always heard them on Quatro's and LOVED the.  I heard them vs teh Boulder 30k stereo amp and it wasn't a contest.  The Audio Research was THAT much better.  Even the guy in the store heard the difference and he was trying to get me to buy the Boulder.  They were both on the 150k Wilson towers.  

When I auditioned the M5 in three stores, they also had the AR mono's.  That was a GREAT sound that I would happily live with forever.  When the M5's were put into the system, it did so many small things better, that the overall sound was scaled to greater heights. I dont' have those notes anymore (can't find them at least), but I was in shock as the cost of the M5's is so much less than the AR.  I also like the AR a bit better than the faster sounding MXR/20's which is a really great amp in it's own right (better than Boulder by a mile for my ears every time I've heard them).  

Quatro's are a true high end speaker and the best value in the V line (to my ears and wallet).  They demand a great sounding, zero feedback, non Class D amp (JMHO).  I have heard some Class D amps that are fine, but they are not in the same category (the ones I've heard) as the M5 amps.  (not a commercial.  just go audition and you will hear it quickly I'm sure).

6 hours ago, ctsooner said:

late to this party, but hey guys.  I'm back.  I own Quatro's (getting back to the OP).  I ran the Ayre AX5/20 with the QX5/20 for a few years.  I upgraded to the M5 amps and they are in a different league.  I LOVE the 30k AR mono's.  I've always heard them on Quatro's and LOVED the.  I heard them vs teh Boulder 30k stereo amp and it wasn't a contest.  The Audio Research was THAT much better.  Even the guy in the store heard the difference and he was trying to get me to buy the Boulder.  They were both on the 150k Wilson towers.  

When I auditioned the M5 in three stores, they also had the AR mono's.  That was a GREAT sound that I would happily live with forever.  When the M5's were put into the system, it did so many small things better, that the overall sound was scaled to greater heights. I dont' have those notes anymore (can't find them at least), but I was in shock as the cost of the M5's is so much less than the AR.  I also like the AR a bit better than the faster sounding MXR/20's which is a really great amp in it's own right (better than Boulder by a mile for my ears every time I've heard them).  

Quatro's are a true high end speaker and the best value in the V line (to my ears and wallet).  They demand a great sounding, zero feedback, non Class D amp (JMHO).  I have heard some Class D amps that are fine, but they are not in the same category (the ones I've heard) as the M5 amps.  (not a commercial.  just go audition and you will hear it quickly I'm sure).

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m curious about the M5s and this review makes me more interested. I have an inquiry into my dealer if they can get them. 

• Like 2

Thanks Bob.  Too kind.  I've yet to hear anyone who has heard or purchased it not fall in love.  That's rare in audio when you get any kind of true consensus on any product.  This is why I'm a proponent of an all active system.  That's sort of what Vandersteen is turning into.  It's hard to better a piece of gear that's literally made FOR your speakers.  ha.

The advantages of an amplifier, designed according to the particular design principles of a particular line of speakers, by one of the most knowledgeable and passionate designers in the industry, is not only quite rare, but makes perfect sense. 

And someday …………………. if the good Lord’s willin and the creek don’t rise, both will reside in Studio V. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Steve

• Like 1